Table of Contents Hide
SAS is a powerful software for data analysis and visualization. It can help you perform statistical tests, create reports, and build predictive models. Data science is a field that uses SAS and other tools to extract insights from data and solve real-world problems. If you want to learn SAS and data science, there are many free resources available online.
The blog post “Free Resources to Learn SAS and Data Science” provides a curated list of free learning materials for individuals interested in acquiring knowledge and skills in SAS and data science.
SAS OnDemand for Academics is a web-based version of SAS Studio that allows users to access SAS software for free with just a few clicks. The software is available to instructors, students, and individual learners for non-commercial use. No installation is required, and users can access not only Base SAS but also SAS STAT modules, SAS GRAPH, SAS modules for econometrics (ETS), and operation research (OR).
To access SAS OnDemand for Academics, users need to register themselves and create an account by visiting the registration page. After completing the registration process, users can log in to the software and start using SAS Studio.
Learn SAS Free with the SAS programming Course
There are several free resources available for learning SAS programming, which can be beneficial for beginners or those looking to brush up on their skills.
To access the free course sign up or log in using your email id and click on the “Audit this Course” Link.
The audit option allows learners to access most course materials for free without earning a certificate. Learners who choose the audit option can see all course materials, submit required assessments, and get a final grade, but they cannot purchase a certificate experience. To access graded assignments and earn a certificate, learners must purchase the certificate experience during or after their audit.
- Free Course: Practical SAS Programming and Certification Review from SAS | Class Central
- Free Course: Getting Started with SAS Programming from SAS | Class Central
- Free Course: Doing More with SAS Programming from SAS | Class Central
- Free Course: Structured Query Language (SQL) using SAS from SAS | Class Central
- Free Course: SAS Macro Language from SAS | Class Central
- Free Course: Statistics with SAS from SAS | Class Central
- Free Course: Advanced SAS Programming Techniques from SAS | Class Central
Free SAS DataScience Course
- Data Management and Visualization | Coursera – This course will teach you the fundamentals of statistics, as well as how to organize and display your data visually.
- Data Analysis Tools | Coursera – During the course, you will learn how to create and verify assumptions about your data through hypothesis testing..
- Regression Modeling in Practice | Coursera – Regression models
- Machine Learning for Data Analysis | Coursera – You will learn the fundamentals of classification, decision trees, and clustering.
- Data Science Math Skills | Coursera – You will learn the skills needed to be successful in almost any data science math course. It was created for learners who have basic math skills but may not have taken algebra or pre-calculus.
Other Certificate Courses
- Career Essentials in Data Analysis by Microsoft and LinkedIn
- Career Essentials in Business Analysis by Microsoft and LinkedIn
- Career Essentials in Generative AI by Microsoft and LinkedIn
- Career Essentials in GitHub Professional Certificate (linkedin.com)
Free Open Datasets
Many people are worried about finding data because they don’t know where to look. There are thousands of free data sets available, ready to be analyzed and visualized. Some of them are listed below.
- GitHub – awesomedata/awesome-public-datasets: A topic-centric list of HQ open datasets.
- Data.gov Home – Data.gov
- Kaggle: Your Machine Learning and Data Science Community
- World Bank Open Data | Data
- Data (census.gov)
- Drugs@FDA Data Files | FDA
- UIS Statistics (unesco.org)
- Data Catalog (worldbank.org)
- Home – UCI Machine Learning Repository
- Dataset Search (google.com)
- Open Data on AWS (amazon.com)
- IMDb Non-Commercial Datasets
- IMF Data Home Page – At a Glance – IMF Data
Generate your own data
generatedata.com is a free, open-source tool that allows users to generate custom-formatted test data or sample data in various formats for software testing and development purposes. The website provides a user-friendly interface and a variety of options to create and manage test data effectively.
GenerateData.com supports various data formats, making it easy for users to create test data in different structures and layouts. The tool is accessible and can be modified by users to suit their specific needs.
In conclusion, learning SAS for free is possible with the help of various resources available online. These resources include official SAS tutorials, interactive training platforms, and online courses. By exploring these free learning materials, you can gain valuable knowledge and skills in SAS, which can be applied to various fields, including data science, research, and business analytics.