Welcome to Advanced SAS Programming.
This category of articles contains articles on PROC SQL, SAS Macros and Advanced SAS Programming Tips & Tricks.
SAS is one of the few most used platforms of data analytics in the world. Improve your SAS programming skillset by Accessing Data Using SQL, Macro Processing and Advanced Programming Techniques.
Articles on PROC SQL
PROC SQL is a powerful Base SAS Procedure that combines the functionality of DATA and PROC steps into a single step.
PROC SQL can sort, summarize, subset, join (merge), and concatenate datasets, create new variables, and print the results or create a new table or view all in one step!
Get Started With SAS Macros
Macros allow you to execute a set of SAS statements with just one statement, and while this alone can be helpful, macros are even more powerful when you add parameters to them.
- Coding efficiently using SAS macros
- Creating macro variables from SAS dataset
- SAS Macro Quoting Functions
- SAS Macro Functions – Eval and Sysevalf
- CALL SYMPUT Explained in details
Advanced SAS Programming Techniques
In this section, you can learn Advanced SAS Programming. It includes many of the Base and Advanced tutorials which would help you to acquire more knowledge of data exploration and manipulation, predictive modelling using SAS along with some scenario-based examples for practice.
- Using Index in SAS to speed up programs
- Combining data Vertically in SAS (6 Methods)
- 7-Table lookup techniques for SAS Programmers
- Essential guide to use Arrays in SAS
- How to sort an array in SAS?
- Creating using defined formats using PROC Format
- Flipping the data using Proc Transpose
- SAS Data Access functions
- How to Delete Macro Variables in SAS?
- How to use the IN operator in SAS macro?
- Ways to count the number of observations in a SAS dataset and pass it into a macro variable